4 – 7 years
What is Proactive Tigers Karate?
Proactive Tigers Karate is a martial arts class specifically designed for children aged 4 - 7 years. The programme incorporates martial art techniques, games and activities to engage your child and develop positive life skills.
This programme has been created especially for younger primary school aged children and is designed to help each child grow and equip them with skills that will help them in school, around the house, with friends and in situations where they may have to stand up for themselves.
What are the benefits?
- Increased confidence
- Establishing commitment to an activity at a young age
- Fun social and physical outlet
- Improved focus, concentration and attention span
- Respect for self and others
- Introduction to goal setting with grading motivation
- Improved co-ordination and balance
- Learning self control
- Learning a skill that is not only a sport but a way of protecting yourself
- Statergies for stranger danger and bullying
At Proactive Tigers Karate your child will learn martial arts based activities in a fun, active and safe environment with friendly, qualified Instructors.
We cater to each child's individual abilities using skill based games, listening techniques and incentive rewards. We believe in success for all students and every child can excel in this program, which is important as it develops confidence and self esteem through an earned sense of accomplishment.
So why not come down to the club and try it out for free? We offer each child a free lesson so they can have a go!
What the program has to offer you and your child
- Age specific Martial Arts
- Development of gross / fine motor skills, hand- eye coordination and depth perception
- taking turns
- Managing emotions
- Following direction
- Team work
- Self Esteem
- Increased attention span
- Positive attitude
- What to do if they are being bullied
- What to do if they become lost
- Practical applications for parent/child communication
- How to encourage respect, confidence and discipline through positive reinforcement
Classes are broken into smaller sections, allowing children to grasp each component - their confidence increases every time something new is learned. In addition, your child will earn coloured stripes on their belts, recognising attendance and achievement. All of our confidence-building exercises also help to develop hand-eye coordination and motor skills. Through our philosophy of positive reinforcement, and the interaction with instructors and children, your child will develop the security and confidence to accept separation from you, be more focused and attentive, and ready for the road ahead in school.
Fun While Learning
Unlike other children's activities, Proactive's Tigers get a perfect blend of fun and learning. We provide a one-of-a-kind choice for parents who wish to make sure that their child's future is one filled with confidence and success, as well as an exciting and healthy adventure along the way.
Proactive Martial Arts - Tigers Karate - Kids Martial Arts Christchurch